'It's ok not to be ok!'
At Northway Primary School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils, staff & parents. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self-esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
- provide support and advice for staff and parents
- have a CARE culture in which staff are:
- Curious and notice when children or colleagues may be in need of support
- Approachable and ready to support
- Refer children or colleagues on for additional support, when needed
- Empathetic to everyone
If you are looking for support for yourself or your child, please click on the menu tabs for additional information.