We are an optimistic and welcoming school who care for all children and expect the best for them. At Northway, we give children the foundations to enable them to flourish. We develop every child’s personality, talents and abilities to the full. (Article 29 of UN Rights of the Child)
We want our children to develop into well-equipped, independent learners and thinkers. In order to achieve this, we:
- Provide a happy, safe, caring & supportive environment.
- Ensure excellence in teaching and learning delivered through a well-planned, rich and varied curriculum
- Encourage children to be self-motivated & to develop a positive attitude towards their learning. This allows them to respond to challenge with lively & enquiring minds.
- Develop the emotional resilience of children, enabling them to overcome any barriers to their learning, by instilling a “can-do” attitude.
- Ensure equal opportunities through our inclusive community.
- Educate children to make healthy life choices, both of mind and body.
- Promote and nurture individual liberty and respect for ourselves, others and the world around us.
- Involve parents in their child’s learning and foster strong links between home and school.
- Develop global citizens so children leave us with an understanding of their rights and responsibilities within the wider world.